In effort to organize myself, become a more efficient mamma, and save a little money, I am Meal Planning My Own Way. Basically, that means, I will plan 14-16 dinners for a two week period. I am not going to write them on a calendar. I am just going to have a list of possible meals pinned to my fridge with all of the ingredients available for any given day. This gives me the freedom to make what I want on the day I want, but the confidence that I have all the ingredients on hand.
Foreseeing the possible fault with this plan is that I may not have thawed my meat out that I needed for the day, I am going to pull out the meat from the freezer for two meals at a time.
Breakfast and Lunch are not necessary at this moment to write out completely. But I do have a few options ready and on hand.
Breakfast: Fruit smoothies, Yogurt, Oatmeal breakfast cookies, Egg burritos, Cereal, COFFEE!!!!!
Lunches: Salads, Sandwiches, and Leftovers.
1. Grilled Steak & Zucchini Quesadillas w/ Feta & Mozzarella Cheese
2. Turkey Meatballs w/ Whole Wheat Pasta
3. Baked Crispy Chicken w/ Roasted Squash
4. Tomato Brats (brats cooked in Fire Roasted Tomates)
5. Chili Mac
6. Roasted Chicken w/ Veggie Loaded Stuffing
7. Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
8. Roast w/ Sweet Potatoes & Carrots
9. Venison French Dip Sandwiches
10. Kalua Turkey w/ Brown Rice
11. Shredded Pork Tacos w/ Pico de Gallo & Corn Tortillas
12. Shepherd’s Pie
13. Orange Chicken & Garlic Chinese Noodles
14. Homemade Pizza
15. Shredded Caramelized Crockpot Ham w/ Root Veggies
16. Slow Roasted Lamb w/ Root Veggies
I created a fun printable list to pin to my fridge instead of just some plain old sheet of paper. You can get the PDF it by clicking Meal Planning My Own Way.
Have you tried Meal Planning? What has worked for you?
**Linking up at these fabulous parities