When I was pregnant with my middle son, Jimmy, I was on bed rest. Of course, I was hungry! So, what did I do? I watched Food Network and read cookbooks to pass the time away! I know, I am crazy. But I really love cooking and of course, absolutely love FOOD! One day, I saw a recipe for a Strawberries and Cream Cake and suddenly I was craving it! I mean, I HAD TO HAVE IT! (Yes, all I did was read the recipe. No picture of the cake. Just the recipe.)
My sister still laughs when she remembers the day she walked into the house from work and I excitedly told her she was going to help me make this cake. It turned out to be and AMAZING cake! And it is now her annual birthday cake every April.
My sister is pretty special to me. This amazing cake pretty much is perfect for her. (She is kind of obsessed with strawberries)
My boys really love their Auntie (or N’Auntie as they call her).
If you have a craving for strawberries, this cake will blow away the usual angel food cake and whipped cream with strawberries! It is over the top!
Go ahead. Make it for someone special in your life! It is AMAZING!
- 2 C. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tsp. vanilla
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 C. heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 C. powdered sugar
- 1 lb. Strawberries
- Grease and flour 2 round pans (9in or 8in)
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Beat whipping cream in large chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Beat eggs in a small bowl approx. 5 minutes until very thick and lemon colored. Fold together whipped cream, eggs & vanilla. Gently fold in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time until well combined. Pour into greased pans. Bake at 350˚ for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans. Cool completely before frosting.
- Whip cream cheese and milk together until smooth. Beat in whipping cream and powdered sugar on high speed, scrap bowl occasionally, until stiff peaks form.
- slice strawberries lengthwise in small slices.
- place one of the cakes on the bottom of your platter, spread a layer of frosting on top. Layer strawberries over frosting. Place second cake on top. Spread remaining frosting evenly over top of cake and sides. Swirl frosting with butter knife or spoon. Pile remaining strawberries on top of cake.
What is your favorite Cake?
Find me linking up with these awesome blogs & parties