**This post may contain affiliate links and I couldn’t help but share my favorite products with you!**
I LOVE the Holidays! I can’t tell you how much time I have already spent thinking of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners and all they delicious food I am going to cook. Not to mention all of my loved ones being around the table together with me. There is something almost magical about those moments spent around the dinner table. I am SOOOO EXCITED!!! And of course, I LOVE to cook! I wanted to share with you my 10 Must Have Kitchen Tools for the Holidays this year. I couldn’t work my magic in the kitchen without them.
1. A Slow Cooker (or two) I use my slow cookers to keep side dishes warm or cook a whole HAM in the crockpot! My stovetop and oven space is limited. The slow cookers free up space so I can make my giant feast even bigger. I make my mashed potatoes on the stove top and then put them in the slow cooker on warm with lots of butter melting on top! The locking lid is a bonus for those of you taking a dish on the road to a friend or families house.
2. Baking Sheet Pan I absolutely love my half sheet baking pan. It is perfect of course for baking cookies. But there are a thousand other ways to use it. Bake your pies sitting on this sheet pan to catch the bubbled over sauce. Place a pan beneath your casseroles to catch any drips and splatters. Make these AMAZING Pumpkin Spice Bars using this sheet pan. So many things to cook!
3. Stackable Cooling Rack I love this space saving tool. You can cool multiple things at once and keep them off your precious counter space. If you are like me, you are very protective of the very little counter space you posses. These stacking cooling racks are perfect for the holidays.
4. Large Glass Measuring Bowl I have three of these babies and I use them the entire day of Thanksgiving and throughout the holidays! I love them because I can easily measure large quantities, use them as mixing bowls, they can go in the microwave and keep things fresh in the fridge. Grab at least one of these, although I would totally recommend two or three in your cupboard.
5. Food Mill If you want the creamiest and most amazing mashed potatoes for your feast…You need to grab a food mill! (I learned this from watching Food Network while pregnant and on bedrest.) The food mill isn’t just for mashed potatoes. You can use it for creamy soups, making applesauce, and so much more!
6. Roasting Pan If you want to have an amazing Turkey or Prime Rib for your holiday dinner you need a good roasting pan. I really like the roasting pans that come with the roasting rack already fitted and ready to hold up your big bird. Getting the bird up on the rack makes such a difference in cooking and flavor.
7. Baster The secret to moist and flavorful meat is basting. I am convinced that basting your meat consistently throughout the cooking process will give you well cooked and moist main course. I love my baster. This one is especially my favorite because it come with a cleaning brush. It can be a bit difficult to get in all those small areas of the baster to clean.
8. Meat Thermometer There is nothing worse than raw meat at your big holiday dinner! I have a horror story that I will refrain from sharing at the moment… But to avoid embarrassment and disaster, grab yourself a good meat thermometer and make sure everything is cooked to perfection and not overdone or undercooked.
9. Cute Apron Let’s face it. I will be spending most of the day wearing an apron. But that’s okay. I have a very cute (and might I even add a bit adorable) apron! There is absolutely no reason to have splatters all over your nice clothes. Put on a cute or fun apron and cook away… And look good doing it!
10. Wooden Cutting Board I love my wood cutting boards! They are so versatile. Obviously, they are perfect for chopping veggies and helping with all my prep work. But I love serving things on them. Our newest favorite appetizer is a meat and cheese platter. I love the way these cutting boards look as serving trays and they are perfect for slicing foods directly on.
BONUS: Portable Speaker for Holiday Tunes For me, the holidays just wouldn’t be the holidays without some holiday music! I love our JBL portable speaker. It hooks right into my phone and bonus… It charges my phone too!
I hope your holidays are a magical and memorable time with family and friends. And of course, EXTREMELY YUMMY!!!!!
Happy Holiday Eating!