Mornings can sometimes be, well, a bit busy getting the oldest two boys out the door for school and trying to drink my coffee before it get cold! I try very hard to have good breakfast options for the kids, but making a full bacon and egg breakfast (which they often request) is not realistic. The kids love my freezer Sausage Pancake Bites, but when I ran out of sausage…I got creative. And now we have Chocolate Chip Pancake Bites which are now everyone’s FAVORITE!!!
I use my mini muffin pan to make these pancake bites. The size is perfect for little hands and mouths. They also freeze extremely well. I love the convenience of homemade freezer foods that are ready in minutes when I need them!
This is a really easy recipe. It is a perfect recipe to get the kids involved and cooking with you in the kitchen. My Jimmy Wray is determined to learn how to cook right now. He may only be five years old, but he knows that the best life skill he can learn is how to make good food for himself! He is also my child who is hungry TEN minutes after DINNER! (Crazy Kid!)
- 1 box (28 oz) Pancake Mix (I use the simple add water mix)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Mix entire box of pancake mix according to box directions.
- Add vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Scoop into greased mini muffin pans
- Sprinkle 4-5 chocolate chips into each muffin cup
- Bake at 350˚ for 9-11 minutes or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean
- Freeze in a zip lock bag. To re-heat, place on microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute
**Disclosure: Some links on the site are affiliate links and I may make a small commission off of them. You can also find me sharing and partying at these awesome blogs.