The most popular recipe on this blog is my Venison Meatloaf recipe. I hear from hundreds of readers who just LOVE my venison meatloaf. I love it too! Venison is sometimes a difficult meat to work with. Especially when you have picky eaters. But I have found a few tricks to take the gamey-ness taste right out of the meat. I knew I needed to share my favorite hearty and delicious Venison Stew with you too.
We have been promised a share in some venison by a friend this season. So I am praying extra hard he shoots something! We are on the last of the venison in our freezer! BOO!!!
The slow cooker is my friend when it comes to making this stew. I just recently discovered Slow Cooker Liners which make clean up AMAZINGLY EASY!!!! (I mean really… where have these been all my life!) The slow cooker really helps to break down the venison meat. Low and slow makes yummy and tender.
This venison stew is perfect for a cold winter night. It makes a lot. But it just gets better every day. So perfect leftovers. Serve with a side of crispy garlic bread and life couldn’t be more perfect.
- 3 lbs Venison Meat, diced into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 medium Potatoes, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Carrots, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 4 stalks of Celery, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Garlic, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Beef Base (I use Better Than Bouillon, beef bouillon can be substituted)
- 2 cans Diet Coke or Coke
- 1/4 cup or 1 packet Brown Gravy Mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line slow cooker with disposable liner or spray with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and mix with large wooden spoon.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
*This post contains affiliate links.
You may find me partying at these awesome blogs.