I love easy! Simple is my friend. No brainer is hard to beat when you are a busy momma. I am obsessed with simple foods that taste amazing and the kids go crazy over them!
This Apple Cinnamon & Cream Icebox Cake could not be more easy to assemble. The longest part is peeling apples and tossing them in a pot to simmer. It really will be a new favorite in your house!
Let me just throw in here that the simmered apples could be a recipe in and of itself! My kids each had a bowl full which almost left me with no apples for the Icebox Cake! HA!
I MUST recommend this Apple – Peeler, Corer, Slicer!!! It makes life SOOOO much easier when it comes to anything with apples in it!!! I don’t know how I lived without it before adding it to my kitchen a few years ago. It is absolutely necessary to have this when making a huge vat of Crockpot Apple Butter or Apple Crisp. Trust me. You will be so thankful to have this little tool in your back pocket during holiday pie season!
APPLE CINNAMON & CREAM ICEBOX CAKE
- 7-8 Large Apples
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 packages Graham Crackers
- 3.4 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Milk – according to PIE directions on box
- 2 cups Whipped Topping
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Simmer apples, brown sugar, & cinnamon on medium/low heat in a medium pot until apples are tender. (approx. 20-40 minutes)
- Allow apples to cool.
- Make pudding according to PIE directions.
- In a 9×9 pan, layer graham crackers on the bottom, then apple cinnamon mixture, then pudding.
- Repeat layers 2-3 times.
- Final layer will be Graham Crackers.
- Spread whipped topping over the final layer of crackers.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Dust with cinnamon and serve!
This icebox cake is so refreshing and a fun twist on apples! The kids gobbled this up in absolutely no time!
What is your favorite Apple Treat?
**This post may contain affiliate links