Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner and we are getting ready to celebrate with these Green Chili Chicken Taco Boats!
I can hardly believe it is almost May! Where has 2017 gone?
This year is just flying by. I am doing my best to keep up with it!
We love celebrating Cinco de Mayo and celebrating the Mexican armies unlikely defeat for French forces.
It’s a double holiday to celebrate, because my husband was born on May 5th too!
He is totally okay with us celebrating both holidays together as he is a huge fan of Mexican cuisine.
I make sure my pantry is always stocked with Old El Paso products from Walmart. There are so many delicious recipes I can pull together in a snap with their refried beans, enchilada sauces, seasoning packet, taco boats, taco shells, and more!
We have tacos at least once a week and my favorite dish to make for a crowd is layered enchiladas.
This Green Chili Chicken Taco Boats recipe was inspired by our love of tacos and enchiladas.
I can’t wait to serve our friends and family these delicious green chili chicken taco boats at our celebration. I know they will be a new favorite and make it into our weekly dinner menu too.
We have become obsessed with the Old El Paso taco boats. They are so easy for the kids to eat and perfect for holding all the toppings Jon and I can pile on!
- 2 lbs Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 envelope Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Boats
- 2 cups Mexican Shredded Cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- red onion
- In a large pan, combine chicken, taco seasoning, green chili enchilada sauce, & water.
- Simmer on Med/Low until thickened.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and line taco boats on pan.
- Spoon chicken into taco boats.
- Top with cheese and place under broiler 3-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings.