It’s time to add a new recipe to our Venison Recipe Collection with these amazingly, delicious Blue Cheese & Mushroom Venison Burgers!!!
When our neighbor asked if we wanted some venison… It was a no brainer answer… YES!!!! Venison is one of our favorite meats to have on hand in the freezer. We are more than willing to take any off your hands at any time! My husband and boys will also quickly volunteer to help you skin and clean the deer!
Our family is kind of obsessed with burgers. Ground meat is so economical for our large family. And burgers are always a hit! I have even started grinding my own meat when I find good deals on beef, pork or chicken. And of course, I grind my own venison meat too. We use our KitchenAid mixer and food grinder attachment.
My husband has become a pro at coming up with some pretty awesome flavor combos for the burgers. He bought a stuffed burger press. And we love how easy it is to use. You can whip up a big batch of burgers and freeze half using a vacuum sealer. I love doing this for easy dinners on nights when we know we won’t have a lot of time.
Venison is a very lean meat. If you want your burgers to have a more juicy flavor you can add some ground fat from a pork shoulder or ask your butcher for some ground fat. We didn’t add any this time, and the burgers turned out really good. Instead we just greased our cast iron griddle with a good amount of butter before putting the burgers on. It added great flavor!
These burgers turn out quite big! They are about 1/3 lb each with all the cheese stuffed in them. When you cut them in half the blue cheese oozes out. I will be honest and let you know that this is heavy on the blue cheese flavor. So if you are not a big fan of blue cheese, try a different cheese in the middle.
Blue Cheese & Mushroom Venison Burger
- 2 lbs ground Venison
- 4 oz. Blue Cheese crumbles
- 1 lbs sliced Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 3-4 dashes Hot Sauce - to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Hamburger Buns
- Hot Sauce
- Place venison in a large mixing bowl and gently mix in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, hot sauce and seasoning salt until evenly distributed.
- Fill bottom of stuffed burger press and press top to form bottom of burger.
- Add 1 tbsp of blue cheese crumbles to the middle of burger.
- Top with more venison and press to form burger patty.
- Continue to form burgers until all meat is used.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes
- Turn on skillet or griddle and allow to heat on med/high heat.
- Grease griddle with butter.
- Cook burgers until desired doneness is achieved.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook mushrooms on medium heat in 1-2 tbsp of oil. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Assemble with your favorite toppings and condiments, mushrooms and a couple of extra dashes of Hot Sauce!
Tell Me: Are you a fan of blue cheese?
*Affiliate links may be used in this post. No cost to you, but helps support this blog!