What do you do when zucchini is in season and eggs are super cheap? Make this Easy Zucchini Mushroom Quiche of course!
Summer is here in full force! I can hardly believe we are almost to the end of June!
Our summer days have been spent in the pool as much as possible with the kids and enjoying no homework. It’s just as relieving to this momma that their is no homework as it is to my kids! HA!
One of my sweet clients has chickens and she has loaded me up with plenty of eggs this month! I love farm fresh eggs. The yolks are so bright yellow!
I have always loved anything with eggs. Scrambled eggs, over-easy, sunny side up, deviled eggs, quiche, soufflés and any other recipe you can imagine with eggs!
We can really blow through a dozen eggs with ease as a family of 8. If I make scrambled eggs in the morning I have to use 7-8 eggs to feed everyone.
I have been craving quiche. And with the surplus of great deals on summer veggies, I decided a vegetarian quiche was in order!
I have enjoyed this quiche for lunch a couple of days in a row. It’s perfect to take to work.
This Zucchini Mushroom Quiche is really quite easy.
Quiche is so simple and so delicious. I love that it can be served room temperature or slightly warmed.
Once you have the base recipe for a quiche you can play with all the add ins. Add different veggies, meats, cheeses and spice combinations to change it up!
Don’t worry about making your own pie crusts. I love the ease of store bought, but I never have them on hand in the freezer….
So this time around, a homemade crust was necessary. It’s rustic looking… And that is what makes it even more delicious!
- One Pie Crust (either homemade or store bought)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Ground Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried Parsley
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 small Zucchini, sliced
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a medium skillet saute onions, zucchini, & mushrooms in 2 tbsp of olive oil until softened and beginning to caramelize.
- Place pie crust in 9 inch pie pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, red pepper, & parsley in a medium bowl.
- Spread mushroom, zucchini, & onions on bottom of pie crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on veggies.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over veggies & cheese.
- Bake at 350˚ for 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set and top of quiche is slightly browned.
- Allow to cool and serve slightly warm or room temperature.
Happy Summer Days!