These Korean BBQ Street Tacos were inspired by a love of tacos and Korean BBQ and the need to have both in my life at once!
Can I be honest with you???
We eat an extreme amount of tacos in our family.
Our motto is “Taco All the Things!”
This recipe is a perfect weekday recipe due to the fact that it cooks all day in the slow cooker.
The slow cooker is a life saving device that a mother should never live without in her home! If I could only share with you that wonderful feeling of walking into your home at the end of a long day and smelling the most amazing Korean BBQ and knowing you are just minutes from dinner being on the table… And food being shoved into everyones face!
The Korean BBQ meat itself is deliciously out of this world. But just to send your taste buds into pure heaven, top your Korean BBQ Street Tacos with a simple asian slaw.
The first time I made this dish, Jon and I both agreed that even though we were totally stuffed full, we wanted to keep eating more tacos just for the pure joy of the flavors in our mouth!
We are seriously ridiculous foodies at heart!
If you just aren’t into tacos as much as we are, you can also make the meat into rice bowls with some chopped red onions, sliced cucumbers and avocados. (We do that with leftovers…If there are leftovers…)
- 2-3 lb Chuck Roast
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (or Honey)
- 2 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar (white vinegar substitute)
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger, grated (1 tsp ground ginger substitute)
- 1-3 tsp Sriracha - to taste
- 3 cups shredded Cabbage
- 2 tbsp fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Place chuck roast in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together brown sugar, garlic, onion powder, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, black pepper, ginger & Sriracha.
- Pour over chuck roast.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or high 5-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred meat.
- Leave uncovered and allow shredded meat to soak up juices in bottom of pan.
- Whisk together rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, salt & pepper.
- Add cilantro & cabbage. Toss to coat.
- Allow to flavor to merry for 10 minutes.
- Serve with small taco shells & drizzle spicy mayo on top!
- Optional Spicy Mayo: combine 1/4 cup mayo & 1 tbsp Sriracha
**This post may contain affiliate links.**