**This post is sponsored by Cord Blood Registry, CBR®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**
The most amazing gifts that were ever placed in my arms were my six children. If you are a mom you know the joy of those first moments with your child. And if you are about to become a mother for the first time your heart is about to burst with love!
When I gave birth to my three biological children I vaguely remember a pamphlet about Cord Blood Registry (CBR), but no one I knew had ever done it or talked about it.
I would love to go back and have a little conversation with myself and educate my husband and I on the value of newborn stem cells.
Since my seven year old son has not yet invented his time machine, going back in time is not an option! Hahaha! But I can share what I have learned about the true value of preserving newborn stem cells.
Preserving your baby’s cord blood and cord tissue1 could be the gift that can change a family member’s life! Cord blood banking is an investment in the future of your family’s health. There is more and more research in studying how cord blood may be a potential treatment option for many health conditions. The science is truly amazing!
Here are some facts about Newborn Stem Cells:
- A baby’s umbilical cord is made up of tissue and contains blood. Both the tissue and blood are rich in stem cells.
- These stem cells also offer potential future uses in regenerative medicine, in addition to the current uses of cord blood for certain cancers and blood, immune and metabolic disorders.
- Cord blood stem cells potentially give your child’s first or second degree relative the ability to use the cells for future medical applications.
Other amazing things I found out about CBR:
- Contact CBR for access to their team of Certified Genetic Counselors. These counselors can discuss your family’s medical history as it relates to newborn stem cells, and educate you on all your options to preserve them for your family’s future.
- Their Newborn Possibilities Program® assists families with qualifying medical needs by covering all costs for preserving their child’s newborn stem cells and storing them for 5 years.
- Learn about the partnerships CBR is making to help fund clinical trials and research to investigate newborn stem cells as a potential treatment option for conditions that currently have no cure.
You can preserve your baby’s stem cells by: Enrolling with CBR online at cord blood.com/enroll or call 1-888-240-1996
- CBR will ship you a collection kit to take with you to the hospital on delivery day!
- Call the medical courier after your baby is born and the cord blood has been collected by your healthcare professional.
- Enjoy your precious new baby! CBR handles the rest of the details and will notify you when your kit has been received.
As new moms, all the information can be overwhelming. I encourage you to learn more and get your questions answered!
CBR may not have been on the Christmas wish list for your family, but it is certainly a gift that I recommend you consider.
Your family is your greatest gift. Please, consider giving this gift that has the potential to impact your family!