This Holiday Spice Cranberry Orange Mocktail is my favorite drink to serve and sip on all season!
We are three days and some change from Christmas morning!!! How fast has this holiday season flown by?
I feel like I am always saying how quickly time goes by. But I truly believe that it moves even faster during the holidays!
We have had a full calendar of Christmas programs, parties, events, and sickness all around the last few weeks.
The kids brought home some sort of crazy strand of the flu virus that caused a lot of vomiting and stomach cramps. It lasted for a week for each person! My laundry pile doubled this month. BLAH!
Thankfully, we are all past that virus! YAY!!!
The girls Christmas program was obviously adorable. They loved their pretty Christmas dresses and tights. I actually remembered to snag someone to take a family picture of us all dressed up!
Jayden performed his Christmas program Sombrero for Santa twice and he did a fabulous job. I love his music teacher. She has the kids do choreographed dances with all the songs. It’s freaking awesome!
Every year Santa drives around our neighborhood which is such a special treat! The kids got goodie bags from Santa and the girls though Mrs. Clause was awesome!
We even saw Santa twice last weekend! The girls reaction to Santa the second time just melted my heart!
Tomorrow is officially Christmas break for all the kids… And I am kind of looking forward to the relaxing mornings with no reason to rush out the door.
I just made a big pitcher of my sister’s Holiday Spice Cranberry Orange Mocktail in preparation for the official Christmas weekend. If you are looking for a really delicious Christmas-y drink for yourself, your family or a holiday get-together, then this is the drink for you!
Make the Spiced Cranberry base and combine with the Club Soda just before serving. I keep a pitcher in the fridge and make individual glasses. But it can be easily dumped into a large punch bowl to serve a crowd!
I like to serve the adults a little prettier cup rimmed with an orange slice and sugar. Makes it a little more festive!
- 1 lb fresh Cranberries
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4-5 Whole Cloves
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 2 Naval Oranges
- 6 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 liters Club Soda
- In a medium sauce pan, bring cranberries, water, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and orange zest to a simmer.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Strain liquid through a mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- While cranberry liquid is hot, add honey & sugar and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until cold and ready to serve.
- For Individual Glasses: Pour equal parts cranberry mixture and club soda. Add orange slices for garnish.
- For Multiple Servings: Pour cranberry mixture and 2 liters of club soda into large punch bowl. Add orange slices and ice.
- Optional: Use 1 cup honey or 1 cup sugar instead of half and half.
- Feel free to add less or more sugar to suit your tastes!
I hope your Christmas is beautiful, full of magic, smiles, and lots of love!
From our family to yours… MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!!
Ps. Here is one more Santa pic… Because… Christmas…