The most popular recipe on this blog is my Venison Meatloaf recipe. I hear from hundreds of readers who just LOVE my venison meatloaf. I love it too! Venison is sometimes a difficult meat to work with. Especially when you have picky eaters. But I have found a few tricks to take the gamey-ness taste right out of the meat. I knew I needed to share my favorite hearty and delicious Venison Stew with you too. Read more
Are you a fan of Ham? I am picky about my ham. But this Ham is AMAZING! Seriously addicting. Not to mention… It’s the Crockpot! Can anything be more easy? I think not!
I love this recipe because it allows me to save the precious space in my oven from being overcrowded. When you slow cook this ham something magical happens. It literally falls apart and becomes caramelized and addicting!
This ham smells AMAZING cooking in the crockpot all day. And I just have to say I LOVE the leftovers. You can use the bone to make the most delicious bean soup. And if there is any shredded ham left…Chop in small pieces and add to omelets, ham broccoli and cheese casserole, top a baked potato, sprinkle on a chop salad. The possibilities are endless!
- 6-8 lb Ham (butt end is best) **Make sure it fits in your slow cooker!
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (divided)
- 2 tsp Seasoning Salt
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup brown sugar on bottom of cooker.
- Place ham in cut side down on top of sugar.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining brown sugar, seasoning salt, honey, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over ham. Cover top and sides with sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours.
- Shred with two forks or tongs.
- Allow ham to soak up juices after shredding for 20 minutes before serving.