- Study your man, and accept him how/who he is…
- What matters to him
- What doesn’t matter to him
- What he needs
- What he doesn’t need
- Be His Balance
- Work with him
- Look at his gifts and consider what you want in marriage and then help him complete that puzzle
- Keep Your Identity
- Keep being interesting!
- Have your own interests
- Support your husband in having interests of his own
- Don’t Look to Your Spouse to Fulfill You
- Only God can truly fulfill you
- No one is perfect, putting pressure on someone to be is simply not fair
- Be Excited To See Him
- Stop what you are doing
- Hug and Kiss
- Let him know he has your attention!
- Set the Tone of the Home
- It is not everyone else’s job to make you happy!
- Embrace your role as a Tone-Setter
- Don’t Talk Bad About Your Husband To Anyone EVER!
- If you need help get help
- Be careful about the way you speak to your husband
- Say Good Things about your husband
- Pray for your Spouse!
- It’s hard to be mad at someone you are praying for
- Praying for someone makes your heart tender towards them
- Praying for your spouse makes you think about what he is going through and his needs
There is really nothing new under the sun when it comes to marriage advice.
Really, it is a matter of constantly applying what we know we should do and continuing to allow the Lord to change us personally!
I recently found a blogpost on marriage and I loved it so much I pretty much stole everything from that post to give pass on to my City Sisters when we were talking about marriage!
(Check out Monica’s Blog if you are looking for a good blog to follow.)
The following is from a handout I made for our City Sisters. I truly believe that if we apply these principles and pieces of advice in our marriages every single day, we would see a lot more happy couples out there!
Eight Things I Have Learned In Marriage
This is by no means an exhaustive list. But I have seen the benefits of applying it in my own marriage!
What is the best marriage advice you have ever received?