Last week I was so blessed to be nominated by Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes for the Liebster Award! This award is a special award given by other Liebster Award winners to bloggers that are new or up & coming. It was started to encourage others to keep going! Well, It definitely encouraged me!
When you receive the Liebster Award you have to answer 11 questions posed by the one who nominated you. You then create 11 new questions and pass the Award to other bloggers to encourage them. It is a neat way to get to know your fellow bloggers and encourage them.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
The name of my blog is from one of my favorite verses, Psalm 84:11. I love sharing the good things in my life. And all my good things come from my pretty AWESOME God!
2. What inspired you to publish that very first post?
Honestly, my sister had been
bugging encouraging me to start one for a few months. =) I hoped that this blog would be a place where we can be honest about life, but encouraging to those that read it. You can check out my first post here.
3. Do you have kids, a spouse/significant other, pets?
I have three boys. Ages 5, 3, 1. We have a word for our house with three little boys… INTENSE! I am married to a really incredible guy who is strong man with a heart for God and others. (It still amazes me that he picked me to marry him! I am so lucky!) We also have two dogs…. Dixie, our lab, and Bo, our yorkie. (They are currently confused by which one is the big dog and which is the small one….)
4. If you could have dinner with anyone – past or present – who would you love to have dinner with?
My husband! Seriously, He is my most favorite person in the whole world!
5. What’s your favorite meal?
I’d probably go with Italian food. I love food! I especially love trying things that I don’t think I can make myself and then go home and attempt to copy it! (sometimes it turns out great and other times…Epic Fail!)
6. Have you met any other bloggers or any of your readers in real life?
Rachel, from Saving and More, and I went to college together. She has really encouraged me to take my blog to the next level and given me the opportunity to be a regular contributor on her blog! And of course my sister, Danielle, who blogs over at Uluwehi. I hope to meet more bloggers in the near future! As for my readers…I think I know about half of you right now! HI!!!
7. If you could go on vacation anywhere – and cost was not an issue – where would you go?
I would LOVE to tour Europe! Or let me express it in another way…. I would LOVE to EAT my way through Europe!
8. Do you see yourself blogging a year from now? Five years from now?
If God keeps giving me Good Things in my life… (Which of course He will) I plan on continuing to write about them!
9. Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?
I am definitely no longer a night owl. I am not naturally a morning person. But I sure can accomplish a whole lot if I get up early! (And of course, drink a cup of coffee!)
10. What was the last movie you watched?
Emperor’s New Grove! (Actually, just listened to it. The kids were watching it in the car while we were driving to Minnesota)
11. Birthday cake & Ice Cream – what’s the best combo?
Must be Chocolate Cake with the ice cream! I particularly love Cookie Dough Ice Cream!
Time to pass on the Love and Encouragement!
I nominate these Fabulous Blogs for the Liebster Award!
You ladies are awesome! I love visiting your blogs! Keep up the amazing work!!!
My Questions for my Nominees
1. What inspires you the most these days?
2. What is your favorite comfort food?
3. Who is your favorite author and why?
4. What is at the top of your “To Do” list right now?
5. What are your hopes and dreams for your blog?
6. What is your favorite TV show/Movie?
7. Do you have any hidden talents?
8. Who do you admire? (Real life person or celebrity)
9. What is your favorite recipe?
10. What is your dream vacation?
11. Where is your favorite spot to go to relax?