We generally try to eat healthy around our house. We haven’t eliminated pasta yet and I don’t ever plan on it!!!!! (or chocolate for that matter!) Jon is big on protein and I want to make sure my growing boys (and girls) have a good protein filled diet which will help them stay fuller longer.
Salmon is a family favorite when it comes to fish. We love all types of seafood, but salmon is consistently a good economical buy for our large family. You can buy salmon as a whole fillet. I LOVE that! We can wipe this baby OUT in one meal! HAHAHA!!!!
There are so many ways to make salmon. We have tried quite a few different recipes lately. But this Chili-Lime Salmon is at the top for our family favorites.
A simple rub and a quick few minutes in the oven is all it takes to put this yummy dinner on the table. I serve it with rice and a nice fresh veggie. The pickled jalapeño Pico de Gallo is usually just for Jon and I, but the older kids are getting a bit more brave and loving things a little more kicked up and spicy!
I want to make it again TOMORROW!!! Seriously, you don’t understand the flavor party that will happen in your mouth when you eat this! YUMMY!!!
- 2 Tbsp softened Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Whole Salmon fillet (2 1/2-3 lbs)
- Mix together Rub ingredients. Place Salmon on a greased baking sheet. (I lined mine with foil for easy clean up) Spread rub on salmon fillet. Allow to marinate 15-20 minutes. Bake at 400˚ for 10-12 minutes. Turn to broil for 3-4 more minutes. (Be careful to keep an eye on it while in the broiler)
- Serve with Pickled Jalapeño Pico de Gallo.
- 1/4 cup Pickled Jalapeños, diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced Onion
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh Cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp of Lime Juice
- Toss all ingredients together
Ps. What is your favorite Seafood?