Every year I make a huge batch of Apple Butter in my slow cooker. It is the BEST and easiest recipe. And I actually make several batches… Because it seems I give away as much as we eat! Everyone LOVES my Apple Butter recipe. And they all seem to think that they can’t make it… Which is ridiculous, because it absolutely couldn’t be easier!
So, if you think you can’t make an amazing apple butter. You, my friend, are so wrong. Grab your slow cooker….
If you don’t have a slow cooker…. I totally recommend this programable CrockPot! The locking lid is a MUST for those of us who regularly transport food to events and potlucks and friends homes.
Get yourself a huge bag of apples. And grab a knife or a peeler or my new favorite… Precision Kitchenware – Stainless Steel Apple Peeler Corer and Slicer – Luxury Black Edition!!! It’s Aaaahhhh-mazing! Why didn’t I get this sooner? I do not know…
This is my piled high crockpot full of apples. Do not judge the crazy mess on the counter… I have kids people! Lots and lots of kids! Hence, the juice and chocolate syrup and wipes package.
Simply dump everything into the slow cooker and turn it on. BAM!
A few hours later… Your house will smell amazing! And your apples will look like this.
I scoop the butter into smaller containers to give out to friends and family. And of course, a very LARGE container for us!
- 6 1/2 lbs Apples - peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground Cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- Dump all ingredients into slow cooker.
- Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir and reduce to low heat for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally until mixture is thickened and dark brown.
- Pulse mixture in a blender on low (may have to work in batches) or use an immersion blender.
- Cook for another hour on low with cover removed or until thickened.
- Scoop into small containers to refrigerate or freeze.