I am still on my chicken thigh kick. I found them for $.88 a pound last week! I mean, seriously, how can you beat that? Of course, I did what any good grocery shopper would do, and stocked up on as much as my freezer and wallet could handle!
When it comes to dinner for my family, it is important to me to serve good meat. My husband is currently doing a no-carb diet for a few weeks. He is really taking in the protein at a high rate. And my 5 year old has to be going though a growth spurt! I am not kidding you when I tell you that every 15 minutes he is hungry. And when I say hungry, I mean DYING of hunger! I am encouraging him to stay away from empty carbs like chips and crackers. He is a meat eater too, so protein it is for him!
Surprisingly, my kids are very okay with semi-spicy foods. They love all the Mexican flavors and spices. Tacos are my go-to meal for at least one night a week. In effort to create a change from the normal beef taco night, I decided to make this Spicy Chili-Lime Skillet Chicken. It can be made a lot less spicy or a lot more spicy depending on your taste buds.
Skillet chicken is amazing! I am in love with my Cast Iron Skillet. My Honey BBQ Skillet Chicken Thighs are a favorite in our house. I love these skillet recipes. You start them on the stove top and finish them in the oven. Dinner is so simple. The cast iron skillet makes the chicken crispy, flavorful, and caramelized.
– 6-8 Chicken Thighs; bone in & skin on (boneless/skinless is fine too)
– 1 tbsp Chili Powder
– 1 tsp Cumin
– 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (use less for less heat)
– 1 tsp Paprika
– 1 tsp Garlic Powder
– 1 tsp Onion Powder
– 1/2 tsp Salt
– 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
– 1/4 cup Lime Juice
– 2 tbsp Oil
– Lime wedges
- Combine chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, & lime juice in a large zip bag.
- Place chicken thighs in zip bag and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat large skillet.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in 2 tbsp of oil.
- Flip chicken after 6 minutes.
- Place skillet in 350˚ oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lime wedges and fresh tomatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links.