My inspiration for this Greek Yogurt Blueberry Cake was the pint of blueberries and half a tub of greek yogurt sitting next to each other on a shelf in the fridge. I wanted to bake something yummy for the kids to enjoy after school and late at night that wouldn’t be too bad for them and when I looked in the refrigerator for ingredients I saw these two happily sitting next to each other and thus this cake was born. I didn’t want this cake loaded with fat and tons of sugar. In fact, this cake has no oil or butter at all! And greek yogurt is loaded with good stuff like protein and probiotics. So, I don’t feel like a terrible mom letting them have their cake and eat it too!
The key to this cake is serving it upside down. You can bake it in two 8 inch round cake pans like I did or a bundt pan would be perfect too! The blueberries sink to the bottom of the cake while baking and burst into beautiful explosions of purple and blue in the cake.
The glaze on this cake is so easy. Melt down a little bit of marmalade with some orange juice and thicken it up on medium heat. This glaze is so good! I know what I am going to be using the next time we don’t have syrup for pancakes! This will definitely be a back pocket recipe for a quick glaze for any cake, muffin, scone, pancakes, waffles… You get the picture!
The next time you have see a half a tub of greek yogurt in your fridge that needs to be eaten, think about this luscious and moist cake! Whip it up and get in the oven. Send one of the cakes over to a friends house. Or pour yourself a giant cup of coffee and eat half of it yourself when you are on a “Mommy-Time-Out.” You will fall in love with this Greek Yogurt Blueberry Cake.
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 pint Blueberries
Orange Marmalade Glaze:
- 1/3 cup Orange Marmalade
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs & greek yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour into two 8 inch pans which have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350˚ for 35-38 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack and then turn out of pans. (loosen edges of cake with a butter knife)
- Make glaze by combining orange marmalade and orange juice in a small saucepan. Allow to come to a low rolling bowl and reduce to a glaze.
- Pour over the bottom of the cakes.
- Allow cakes to completely cool and glaze to set.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Tell me: Would you eat this cake for breakfast? (I totally just did!)
**This post may contain affiliate links**