Cookie season is in FULL Swing!!! I don’t know about you, but the holiday season means lots and lots of baking going on with amazing smells and delicious productions every weekend. It’s my favorite! Who can resist homemade cookies like Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Gingersnaps, Molasses Cookies, Sugar Cookies, and the list goes on and on and on….
These Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies are so moist and soft. They are a big, moist muffin in cookie form! The chunks of caramelized apples in the cookies are a sweet surprise. I served these for dessert at a Game Day party last weekend and the were GONE in just a matter of minutes!!! The kids couldn’t keep their hands off of them and frankly neither could the adults.
CARAMEL APPLE SAUCE:
- 1 Large Gala Apple
- 1 Large Granny Smith Apple
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Caramel Apple Sauce
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp Apple Juice
- Make Caramel Apple Sauce.
– Peel & dice apples into chunks.
– Simmer apples, brown sugar, salt, & cinnamon on low in a medium saucepan for 15-20 minutes or until dark and caramelized.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar, white sugar & butter. Beat in applesauce, egg & vanilla.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda & salt and stir until combined.
- Stir in cooled Caramel Apple Sauce until distributed evenly in the batter.
- Scoop out dough with a large cookie scoop onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350˚F for 12-14 minutes.
- Place cookies on cooling rack to cool.
- Combine ingredients for Glaze and pour glaze into a plastic baggie or pipping bag.
- Drizzle glaze onto cooled cookies.
These cookies are the perfect cookies for any Holiday get-together! And frankly, I am going to make them all year long. Apples are always a hit. And you already know my obsession with apples. Apple Butter, Apple Cake, Apple Crisp, Apple Icebox Cake… You get it.
*This post may contain affiliate links