I don’t know what it is about the fall/winter season that has be longing to be in the kitchen baking huge batches of cookies?!?!?! I love the classics; chocolate chip, sugar cookies, ginger snaps, oatmeal cookies and more… But I REALLY love getting a little funky with my cookies and adding a twist like these Caramelized Bacon Pumpkin Ginger Cookies! They are as delicious as their long name implies!
I love these cookies because they are so simple to make! Betty Crocker does all the hard work for me with the easy Betty Crocker® Cookie Pouches! These cookie mixes are the WAY to go if you need a stress free holiday!
These cookies turn out amazing! I have tried several of the mixes. I grabbed several different mixes at Walmart and I know I will be going back to try all of them soon!
I mean, seriously… Double Chocolate Chunk cookies?! I am totally in love! You know me and chocolate. There is such a nice variety. These will definitely be a go-to resource for the kids holiday parties!
The kids were so happy to have cookies in the house this week. I have to watch them at every angle! They like to negotiate with me on how many cookies I allow them to have. And if Jon and I aren’t careful they will ask both of us for cookies and we will indulge them not knowing that the other parent just gave them one! Little stinkers!
- 6-7 slices of Maple Bacon
- 15 oz can Pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 package Betty Crocker® Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- Slice bacon into strips and fry on stovetop.
- Just before bacon is done sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar over bacon and toss to coat and allow to caramelize. (be careful not to burn bacon)
- In a mixing bowl combine pumpkin puree, egg and gingerbread cookie mix.
- Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop dough into 1 inch ball using cookie scoop.
- Press 2-3 slices of bacon crumbles into tops of cookies.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sugar
- Bake at 375˚ for 8-10 minutes or until cookie is firm.
And that my friend, is how you BACON all the things!
The bacon on top of this cookie is a twist on your tongue and just tastes amazing! Check out the Betty Crocker Cookie Pouches and find one to love for yourself!
What is your favorite cookie to bake during the holiday season?