As per usual, we are gearing up for another weekend of FOOTBALL!
Game Day is an important day in our house. It is no secret that our family is crazy about sports! My favorite part of any Game Day is the FOOD! Because good food and game day go together.
Don’t you agree?
When Game Day is on a Saturday I like to start out the day of cheering for our favorite teams with a really good, protein – filled breakfast. We definitely need our stamina to make it through a full Saturday of intense games. I wanted to make an easy breakfast that wasn’t difficult to make or eat. I love the Old El Paso Taco Bowls. (A LOT of our Game Day feasts consist of Old El Paso Taco Shells, Taco bowls, & Refried Beans!) I had a brilliant idea to make these Breakfast Taco Bowls.
Whenever I stop at Walmart I stock up on Old El Paso for Game Day feasts and easy weeknight meals.
These Breakfast Taco Bowls turned out to be a HUGE hit! Not only was my husband a huge fan, but the kids just gobbled them up! They loved the layers of hash browns, eggs, sausage and cheese baked in the taco bowl.
After breakfast the girls climb into daddy’s chair with him and settle in to watch the game in daddy’s arms.
I am pretty sure they just love the fact that they can sit with daddy for as long as they want. They crack us up when they start yelling at the players on the screen like daddy does! I am sure that they will be full blown sports fanatics like their dad very soon.
Everyone tries to get into daddies chair on Game Day. It’s hilarious because we have a huge couch in the same room… But it is usually empty. They are on the floor by dad’s chair or trying to sneak onto his lap.
- 1 Package Old El Paso Taco Bowls
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 2 cups of shredded Potatoes
- 1 small Onion, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Taco sauce & Green Onions for garnishing
- Fry shredded potatoes & onions in a non-stick pan until brown and crispy.
- Whisk eggs & sour cream together until well blended.
- Add cooked breakfast sausage, salt & pepper, and cheese to eggs and stir together.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Place Taco Bowls on pan.
- Layer taco bowls with shredded potatoes and egg mixture.
- Bake at 350˚ F for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through and cheese is brown on top.
- Garnish with green onions and taco sauce.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
Happy GAME DAY!