It’s always a good time for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Strawberry Compote Topping! This dessert is so delicious. The perfect addition to your Easter Dinner or Spring Celebration.
Y’all… We are STILL on our Strawberry obsession!
I am beyond happy that strawberry is in full force! And my children, of course, are loving strawberry season too.
We have been going crazy with strawberries adding them to our cereal in the morning, creating build-your-own breakfast parfaits, and topping pancakes with the strawberry compote in this recipe!
I would love to take the kids strawberry picking. We went apple picking in 2015 and the kids loved every second. I loved having apples for DAAAAAAYYYYYYSSSS…..
Strawberry picking would mean even more strawberry deliciousness in the kitchen. I could totally handle that!
It’s too bad I do not have a green thumb. Or I would grow strawberries in our own yard. I am attempting to develop my inner farmer and will be doing a small garden of veggies and herbs this summer.
Do you have any tips for me as a newbie gardener in Texas?
I made this cheesecake originally for a dinner we were hosting and the kids begged to share some of it with their teachers. I love sending treats to the kids teachers during the school year.
If I can spoil my kids teachers in this simple way, I am totally going to do it!
Don’t forget to wrap the bottom of your springform pan in several layers of tin foil for the water bath. Water baths are key to making great cheesecakes.
I always pour the hot water into the roasting pan after placing the cheesecake in the roasting pan and into the oven. This saves me from splashing water all over when transferring to the oven.
- 2 cups Graham Crackers, finely ground (approx. 35 squares)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 4 - 8oz. blocks Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 pt Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- In a large bowl, combine crackers, cinnamon, and butter.
- Wrap bottom of 10 inch spring form pan with 2 - 3 layers of tin foil. Spray inside with cooking spray.
- Press cracker mixture into bottom of pan and halfway up the sides.
- Set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar in a stand mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and sour cream.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into spring form pan.
- Set pan in large roasting pan in oven.
- Fill roasting pan with hot water until half way up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350˚ for 55 minutes.
- When the timer rings, turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside to cool at least one hour.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before refrigerating.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Simmer on med-low until strawberries are softened and sauce is thickened.
- Allow sauce to cool and refrigerate until ready to serve over cheesecake.
This cheesecake would be a perfect dessert for Mother’s Day or Easter or any day that ends in -ay.
It’s that kind of dessert…
At this moment, as I am sharing this recipe, the sad news is….
This cheesecake is gone.
It has been eaten.
I believe it is time to gather the ingredients and make it once again!!!!
CAN I GET AN AMEN?????