This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc., but the content and opinions are my own.
Summer is here! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by! Here we are in the month of June…Sun is shining, kids are out of school, and we are spending as much of our day outdoors as we possibly can!
I love getting creative when it comes to dinner time in the summer. I don’t like to turn on my stove if I don’t have to. It makes the house too hot! So, our grill and smoker are first options when it comes to planning our menus for the week.
Of course, BBQ is always on the mind. We stock up every month on Tyson® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts and (my favorite) Tyson® Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs. Whenever I am running into Walmart for more sunscreen, you better believe I am coming out with more chicken for the freezer!
While everyone in our family loves the traditional bbq flavors, they can get old. My children are growing up immersed in Texas BBQ, but I grew up surrounded by Hawaiian BBQ!!! I have perfected marinating Tyson® Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs in a sticky, savory, sweet marinade that makes your BBQ do a little hula dance while you are grilling! It’s my favorite!
Traditionally, Hawaiian BBQ is served with rice and a mac salad (mayo based cold pasta salad). I usually choose one or the other to cut down on the carbs. And I call these sides a win during the summer, because no oven needs to be turned on!
Of course, since we are spending so much time outdoors in the Texas heat we need to stay hydrated. We always have Lipton® Iced Tea Bags ready to be brewed into refreshing, cold Sweet Tea. But, on the nights we have Hawaiian BBQ chicken, I give our tea a twist and make Mango Iced Tea.
You can make the mango syrup ahead of time and keep it in a squirt bottle to allow everyone to flavor their tea with as much mango as they wish.
Pro Mom Tip: Get yourself a spouted jug to serve water and Tea outside. The kids can serve themselves as much as they need and as often as they need!
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 lbs Tyson® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Whisk together marinade in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken thighs into a large zip top bag.
- Pour marinade over thighs and zip to seal. Store chicken in a large bowl.
- Marinate for 24 hours (12 hours minimum).
- Heat grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill on medium/high heat.
Mango Iced Tea
- 2 Large Mangos (peeled and diced)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Lipton® Iced Tea Bags
- In a medium saucepan, bring mangos, sugar and 1 cup water to a low simmer.
- Allow to reduce for 5-8 minutes on low.
- Use immersion blender to puree large chunks of mango.
- Strain mango syrup through a strainer to remove pulp.
- Store in a squirt bottle.
- Make one gallon of Iced Tea according to Lipton® Iced Tea directions.
- Serve Iced Tea over ice and stir in desired Mango Syrup.
I hope you get a little taste of the Hawaii BBQ flavors and enjoy a little time grilling with the family.
Leave a Reply