Did you know it’s already February? 2019? And Valentine’s Day is just around the corner?
How did February get here so quickly? If you need a sweet treat and a gooey, chocolatey dessert then I have the winner for you! Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Brownies.
This is the perfect marriage of my two favorite brownies. Chocolate Chip Blondies and the quick and easy box fudge brownies.
It’s the perfect solution when you can’t decide between fudge, gooey brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
This is a dilemma I have often faced. And hence have found this to be the only solution to satisfy both cravings at the same time.
I make it a regular habit to stock up on boxes of fudge brownies when they are sale for $.99. Which are perfect for those nights your husband tells you he really wants something chocolatey. So easy and so fudge-y! Hot and delicious and ready in just a few minutes for the right price!
The other half of this recipe is based off my Chocolate Chip Blondies recipe. This recipe was passed down from my grandma. I’m not quite sure where she first got it, but there is a reason these gooey chocolate chip cookies in a pan has continued for generations. I have the recipe memorized at this point in my life. I have been making them since I was 10 years old.
I must warn you that this recipe makes two 9×9 pans of brownies or one giant 10×14 pan!
We made a giant pan and sliced them into small squares. Perfect for packing into Valentine boxes for teacher & neighbor gifts.
The trick is to keep the kids from getting into the boxes before we can give them away!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 box Fudge Brownie Mix made according to instructions
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar & sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add remaining dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated
- Pour into greased 10x14 baking dish or divide between two 9x9 greased pans.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cookie mixture
- Make fudge brownies according to box instructions
- Pour fudge batter evenly over cookie batter. Use spoon to swirl or spread if desired.
- Bake at 325 for 28-34 minutes for a 10x14 pan or 22-24 minutes for 9x9 pan. or until middle is just set. You want to take these out just before they are done for maximum gooeyness.
I am telling you I may make another batch of these brownies this week! Just looking at the pictures again while writing out this recipe has me drooling.
Happy Valentine’s Day and all the Chocolate Day!
this post may contain affiliate links for recommended products.