This post is sponsored by Savings.com. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My kids are obsessed with meatballs. That obsession was solidified when 2 of my boys brought home their Mother’s Day questions cards and both of their responses to “What is your favorite thing your mom makes?” was Meatballs!
I know traditionally you associate meatballs with Italian flavors, but I am dangerous enough to allow the beloved meatballs to morph into other cuisines & flavors that will have my kids gobbling up dinner and asking for more!
Making meatballs from scratch is not difficult and actually can be a fun meal to involve your children in the kitchen with making dinner. I have a basic freezer meatball recipe that I always suggest using as a base recipe.
You already know I have a love affair with HEB. And if you haven’t yet explored their sauce isle… You are missing out on inspiration for all kinds of delicious meals! I recently discovered Soy Vay marinades at HEB. They have several flavor options which are perfect for easy dinners for the crockpot, grill, instant pot, and more!
This recipe calls for the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce. It is bursting with Asian flavors of garlic, ginger, onion, sesame oil, soy sauce, & has toasted sesame seeds in the sauce and is preservative free.
I’ve used it as a marinade on it’s own for grilling chicken and also used it to make a quick Asian Salad Dressing. Just mix one part Soy Vay Teriyaki Marinade to two parts Mayonnaise. Shake vigorously in a mason jar and serve with a fresh salad!
This recipe can easily be adapted to make the meatballs ahead of time and simmer in more sauce in a crockpot to have dinner ready when you need it! I highly recommend making a double batch and freezing the extras for dinner on a night you just don’t feel like cooking this summer.
Easy Teriyaki Beef Meatballs
- 1 lb ground Beef
- 1 small Onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay Teriyaki Marinade Optional for extra sauce when serving
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic powder, black pepper, egg, milk, bread crumbs, & Soy Vay Marinade. (I like to use my hands)
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray and scoop out mixture a tablespoon at a time to form 1 inch meatballs.
- Bake at 375˚ F for 30-40 minutes or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- If desired, toss hot meatballs in remaining marinade and serve with rice or chow mein noodles.
Make sure you check your Valpak envelop to find a $1 off Soy Vay coupon you can redeem at HEB stores!
Stock up on all the different flavors and have fun making dinner easy and delicious!