To take full advantage of the amazing Strawberry season we are having and all the great sales, I decided to make strawberry jam with a twist. Strawberry Mojito Freezer Jam. This recipe could not be easier and did I mention the crockpot does all the work?
We consume a ridiculous amount of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in our home. With six kids, I can’t really live without the staple sandwiches that just about every child grows up on.
While the every day strawberry jam is one of my favorites, I was inspired by the over abundance of mint in my container garden and my husbands obsession with lime to create this Strawberry Mojito Jam.
Since I did not have any pectin in my pantry, this recipe does not have any in it. It’s a little thinner than other jams I have made with pectin, but it was still thick enough to be spreadable.
I used my immersion blender to break up the chunks of strawberries half-way through the cooking time. So much easier than pouring hot strawberries into a blender.
Strawberry Mojito Freezer Jam
- 3 lbs Strawberries
- 2 Limes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 10-15 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Hull strawberries and place in crockpot. No need to slice.
- Zest both limes, then juice the limes and add to crockpot.
- Turn crockpot to low and cook for 3 hours.
- Add mint at 3 hours and cook for another hour.
- Use immersion blender to break up strawberries and mint to desired consistency.
- Turn crockpot to high, remove lid and cook for 2 more hours or until desired consistency is reached. Jam will thicken more as it cools.
- Place jam into freezer save containers with head room for expansion. Freeze for up to 6 months.
The kids are in love with this jam as much as I am! We have blown through all three jars already. I am ready to make more!
Check out these other delicious Strawberry Recipes.