This post is sponsored by savings.com. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I am dreaming of cool, crisp fall weather…. Here it is, middle of September, and we are still in 100˚ days in Texas! But I am not letting that stop me from making my favorite Creamy Parmesan Roasted Veggie Soup. I’ll turn down the AC and put on a sweater and enjoy this easy and delicious soup now, thank you very much!
Garden harvest season is in full effect right now. I keep seeing so many friends lament about the amount of tomatoes & zucchini they have on their hands. This soup was inspired by my garden and the produce isle at HEB. I can’t resist the rainbow of beautiful colors that vegetables make. And roasting vegetables brings out so much caramelized flavors that I love.
Once you roast the veggies you can cook the remainder of the soup any way you like. This recipe tutorial uses a pressure cooker, but you can also simmer the soup all day on low in a slow cooker or on the stove for 30 minutes and still end up with a deliciously, beautiful soup.
I recently discovered Pure Blends avocado oil plant-based butter. Our family MUST have a spreadable butter on hand at all times for hot biscuits, toast, pancakes, and any other occasion where one needs a smear of butter.
“Eating green” is not only eating uncooked veggies. Everyone in our family loves this plant-based butter and it opens up a world of creamy and wondrous possibilities. It is vegan, gluten-free and has 0 trans fat per serving.
I used Pure Blends avocado oil plant-based butter to create the roux for my soup and it turned out perfectly!
Once you have made the roux, it is time to add in vegetable broth & the roasted veggies. Leave the cream & parmesan for the very end, as it will curdle if you cook it too long.
My pressure cooker needed to be set for just 5 minutes and it was ready for the cream, parmesan and fresh spinach to be added. Dinner in just minutes… Yes. Please!
The beauty of this soup is you can substitute any vegetable for what you love or what is in season. Love carrots and hate eggplant? Switch them out! Don’t like spinach, but want to use up the kale in your fridge? Do it! The soups flavor will change ever so slightly with each veggie you switch up, but this recipe can handle the alterations with ease.
Make sure you leave me a comment with the changes you make!
Creamy Parmesan Roasted Veggie Soup
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 medium Zucchini
- 1 medium Yellow Squash
- 1 medium Onion
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 oz fresh Spinach Leaves
- 2 tbsp Garlic
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
- 3 tbsp Pure Blends Avocado Oil Plant Based Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- fresh Basil for garnish (optional)
- Dice the eggplant, zucchini, onion, squash, mushrooms & bell pepper to bit side pieces
- Add diced veggies & tomatoes to sheet pan. Toss with Olive Oil, salt & pepper.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes at 375˚ or until caramelized and browned
- Set pressure cooker to saute and Pure Blends butter and diced garlic to pot.
- Continue to stir while garlic simmers and butter melts.
- Stir in flour until well combined.
- Slowly pour in broth and whisk until smooth.
- Add roasted vegetables to pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Place lid on and seal pressure cooker. Set to pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- When timer is done, release pressure valve. Then add heavy cream, fresh spinach, & shredded parmesan to soup and stir to incorporate. Add salt & pepper to taste
- Serve soup garnished with shredded parmesan, fresh basil and crusty bread or biscuits
You NEED to make this soup ASAP! And you can go to Pure Blends Website to find more recipe ideas.