This post is sponsored by savings.com. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season for making all the baked goods. And while this recipe of Dark Chocolate Espresso Brownie Bites are not the traditional holiday treat, they absolutely belong on my baking list for the Christmas season!
They are soft, chewy and small, which means you can easily walk by the container of bites and pop one into your mouth as you get a refill of coffee. It’s dangerous…But wonderful.
Dark chocolate powder, instant espresso, and Brummel & Brown’s butter spread made with real yogurt makes these Dark Chocolate Espresso Brownie Bites a recipe to make over and over again throughout the year!
I found Brummel & Brown Original butter spread at HEB where they currently have a coupon for $1 off. (You can get the coupon in store at the shelf or in your Valpak envelope). I was curious about how the buttery spread would taste with real yogurt, and I it is wonderfully sweet and creamy. It has 1/2 the fat and calories of butter. And at this point, I will save all the calories I can while doing all the holiday baking!
My inspiration for this recipe was a homemade latte and a piece of my hidden stash of dark chocolate. And from that combo of sweet bliss…. Dark Chocolate Espresso Brownie Bites.
You really need a mini muffin tin for this recipe. If you make them as cookies they will spread too thin. And if you make these in a regular size muffin tin they will be very dense.
This works out perfectly for those of us who have mini muffin tins in our cupboards gathering dust because we have forgotten about them. But every time I do dust them off and use them, I LOVE it! Anything mini is just better.
- 1 cup Brummel and Brown Buttery Spread
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Espresso Powder
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Powdered Sugar for dusting
- In a mixing bowl combine Brummel and Brown Buttery Spread, dark chocolate powder, & sugar.
- Mix in one egg at a time until well combined.
- Add in Vanilla and Espresso powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients into wet. (do not overmix)
- Scoop into greased mini muffin pans.
- Bake at 350˚ F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and from pan and cool on a rack.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar.
Remember not to over bake them! You want them chewy and deliciously poppable.
And if you are looking for more delicious recipes you can find all kinds of goodness on Brummel & Brown’s website.