This one is for all my coffee loving friends. Especially the mommas. May we all have days that feel as fancy as a Maple Cardamom Latte.
I really felt like I arrived when I knew my coffee order. When I could walk up to the counter without hesitation and proudly announce my ridiculously complicated order of coffee. That was before I had kids and a cup of $5 coffee didn’t seem to matter all that much.
Fast forward to
6000 6 kids and a whole lot of Christmas presents to buy, that $5 coffee does seem a bit steep for my budget. Now, ordering coffee at a coffee shop is a rare treat. I think it makes that cup even better when I do get to order it.
I met up with a fellow blogger for a photo shoot and a chat at a local coffeehouse here. They had a special latte that day. Maple Cardamom. It was DIVINE!
I came home determined to recreate the Maple Cardamom Latte I enjoyed so much.
If you have never had cardamom, think of it in the category of baking spices. Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg… That warm spice family. Cardamom is fantastic in baked goods!
I picked up a jar of Cardamom from the grocery store and snagged a bottle of maple syrup from TJ Maxx. (this isn’t sponsored. I just always find unique maple syrups for a great price at TJ Maxx.)
This recipe could not me more simple.
DIRECTIONS for Maple Cardamom Latte:
- Brew a very strong pot of coffee with 1/2 tsp ground Cardamom added to the grounds
- Froth 1/4 cup whole milk or half & half (I have this electric frother and it is amazing!)
- Add one tablespoon of Maple Syrup to a coffee mug (more if you like it sweet)
- Add a pinch of cardamom to the cup
- Pour coffee into mug and top with frothed milk
- Sprinkle a bit of cardamom on the top of the milk to be a little fancy
That is it! I know! So easy. And now I feel like I am a legit barista.
Now I just need to figure out how to get all fancy with the designs…
Ah… Maybe I will just use cute Santa mugs instead. Hahahaha!
Enjoy your coffee!