This post is sponsored by Angelo Pietro. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I am a huge fan of products that are amazing on their own as well as fantastic in a recipe, like these Hawaiian BBQ Street Tacos with Pineapple Ginger Slaw. I recently discovered Angelo Pietro Dressings which combine Japanese flavors with traditional Italian vinaigrettes. And y’all, I am OBSESSED!
They currently have four flavors: Original, Lemon, Sesame & Miso, and Ginger. I have them all stocked in my pantry and use them not just for salads, but also marinades and as an addition to other recipes.
After trying the Ginger Dressing, I was immediately inspired to create these Hawaiian BBQ Street Tacos with Pineapple Ginger Slaw. The dressing is used in both the marinade for the chicken and the slaw dressing.
There are two things in life that I will never tire of… That is tacos and pizza! I love giving tacos a fun twist. The food truck movement in Hawaii is so deliciously amazing and grew up in Hawaii on the local Hawaiian BBQ flavors that mix cultures of Asian, Hawaiian, American, and Polynesian into a unique cuisine. I would say I miss the beach and the food a LOT!
The key to all Hawaiian BBQ and this recipe as well, is to marinate the meat in the marinade for at least 12 hours. 24 is even better! This allows the marinade to seep deep into the meat and create the delicious layers of flavor.
I recommend grilling the chicken to add the smoky and slightly charred flavors to these tacos, but if you are not able to use a grill, you can absolutely grill them on the stove or even cook them in a slow cooker.
The Pineapple Ginger Slaw is officially my new favorite slaw recipe! I will be trying this on pulled pork BBQ very soon! It is a simple combination of Angelo Pietro Ginger Dressing, mayo and pineapple. Fresh or canned pineapple will work with this recipe. I used canned because I couldn’t find a good pineapple at my grocery store.
Hawaiian BBQ Street Tacos with Pineapple Ginger Slaw
- 1/3 cup Angelo Pietro Ginger Dressing
- 1/4 cup lite Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Garlic, diced fine
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs Chicken, boneless-skinless breasts, tenders, or thighs recommended
- 1 package Flour Tortillas
- Combine dressing, soy sauce, garlic, ketchup, and brown sugar in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add chicken & marinade to a zip sealed bag and place in a bowl in the refridgerator for 12-24 hours to marinate.
- Heat grill to 400˚ F and grill chicken until temperature reaches 160˚ F
- Make Pineapple Ginger Slaw (recipe in notes)
- Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest and juices redistribute.
- Slice chicken thinly for tacos.
- Make tacos by layering Hawaiian BBQ chicken and pineapple ginger slaw
I must warn you, these are highly addictive tacos, and one will most definitely NOT be enough!
Be sure to check out Angelo Pietro Dressings. You can order them at angelopietro.com, on Amazon, or Honestfoods.com
*This post contains affiliate links which help to support this blog at no additional cost to you.